1. Full moon occurring when the moon was closest to the Earth - this happened in March of 93 and December of 08
2. Phillies in the World Series - they won this time around
3. I ended up in the hospital - different times of year and this time I didn't nearly die
4. Rat - in 1993 I bought a rat for Xmas. She was possibly the closest thing to a familiar that I've ever had. She died about a week after I got her. I met a rat in a pet shop this year that was the spitting image of her. The event left me feeling quite shaken. This time around, I did not buy the rat.
5. Pet death - in 1993/4, it was the rat mentioned above. This year it was my cat Beanie who had to be put down.
6. Finishing up my last year at a school - in 93 I was in my last year of elementary school. I am now in my last year for my Masters.
Other things happened this past year that were eventful but not related to anything in 1993, at least that I can think of.
1. Got into a car accident. Thankfully it wasn't my fault.
2. Finished Fellow Freaks and started Strange Days
3. Gen Con, as usual
4. Bob and I visited my grandfather in Washington/Vancouver
5. Played an integral part of creating and running a conference
6. Stayed in the pond side cottage with the Buffy Gang
Overall, the year was a little rough around the edges but definitely had some good highlights. 2009 holds the potential for a lot of changes. We'll have to see how it goes as it changes from potential energy to kinetic :)